We took honey supers off the last weekend of August and first week in September. The harvest was a fair one in terms of amount we took off and the strength of the hives we had. Unfortunately, those nucs we started in spring had built up to become very populous, just as a heat wave hit, with temps in the plus 30’s most of the week we extracted. This coupled with the start of a very strong nectar flow brought with it several swarms. Swarms are never a good thing at any time, but we were lucky to catch these two that happened to land side by side 25 ft up in one of the trees in our yard.
This is a picture of them before they clustered again. We had two more swarms in this yard during the week. Unfortunately, we only caught one of the two.